I hope that this blog finds you and your families well and that you were able to enjoy, as much as possible, the recent Easter weekend and sunshine.
As I am sure you are aware, we are now looking at a further three weeks in lockdown and I wanted to share with you how I feel we should move forwards at Allsteps.
How fortunate that many students were able to take their Ballet, Tap and Modern Exams before everything came to a stand still, with some fantastic results! (Ballet results target date 28th April). It means that when we eventually resume our classes all students, as explained in our last correspondence, will be starting in brand new grades - a great position to be in.
With that in mind, I am posting below some online exercises from the Royal Academy of Dance, to keep students fit and practising whilst at home. The workouts are taught by an RAD Registered Teacher and include a cardio warm-up, floor exercises (for strength and flexibility) and foot exercises. It would be really beneficial to all and I would love as many students as possible to get involved.
Please remember to always practise safely at home and do not try anything beyond your own grade or capability.
These exercises are also suitable for Modern and Tap students. I have posted some links to Tap tutorials for you to watch and practise with. I appreciate that we may have only just started some of this work, so don't be too hard on yourselves - just enjoy the challenge!
Please keep checking our website and Facebook page for all the latest information and exercises.
I’m really missing you all and teaching.
Miss Rafferty x
Dance to Your Own Tune/Pre-Primary with Miss Rebecca from Birmingham Royal Ballet
- Exercise 1 Baby Ballet https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FMB49dYGfs
- Exercise 2 Stretch Those Feet https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhiD0s6NfQ8
- Exercise 3 Butterflies https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkKZmelzsBE
- Exercise 4 Fireworks https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6DfwMpUxog
- Exercise 5 Bendy Knees https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-fRVUUvkVs
- Exercise 6 Wiggly Woo! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XQn8A5nBLE
- Exercise 7 Rocking Teddy to Sleep https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_AlT3LnMVI
- Exercise 8 Flopping Puppets https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu2OF7g8OYI
- Exercise 9 Follow the Butterfly https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxlaeyALMKY
- Exercise 10 Clap, Jump, March & Skip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pidVS08Tnkg
- Exercise 11 Well Done! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol4QXuci9cQ
Primary to Grade 5 + - https://www.royalacademyofdance.org/rad-at-home/childrens-online-exercises/
Adult Silver Swans - https://www.royalacademyofdance.org/rad-at-home/silver-swans-classes-online/